How to install a Monoblock Pump
- Prepare a level concrete foundation for mounting the Monobloc and tighten the motor base using the foundation bolts as shown in Fig. 1 below:
- Use prescribed pipe sizes as mentioned on the product name plate
- Place the pump center line to the water surface 3 - 6 meter distance
- The foot valve fixed above the bottom of the well. Refer Fig. 2, shown below, for recommendations:
- Use as few pipe fittings as possible in the suction line and use a good quality foot valve to reduce suction losses.
- Provide a priming facility in the pipe line adjacent to the pump discharge flange as shown in Fig. 3 below and during priming, check the pump suction pipe for leakages.
- Ensure that the suction pipe connected to the pump suction flange is horizontal or sloping upwards towards the pump suction flange to prevent air lock. A pipe sloping downwards towards the pump suction flange will result in air lock. Refer Fig. 4, shown below, for the preferred suction pipe orientation.
- In case the installation has a high static delivery head, mount a good quality NRV in the delivery line as close as possible to the pump delivery flange.
- Ensure pump casing filled with water for priming
- Connect the Monobloc to the starter and power up the Monobloc.
- In Three phase Monobloc, Check the direction of rotation of the motor shaft. If the direction of rotation is in the same direction as that marked on the volute casing, the connections are right.
- In case the direction of rotation of the motor shaft does not match the marking on the volute casing, interchange any two lead wires at the starter and confirm the direction of rotation.as before.
- ELECTRICAL INSTALLATION
- Ground the Monobloc using the two earth screws provided on the leg of the motor body
- Ensure electrical joints, if any, are properly and adequately insulated
- Connect the cable properly to the starter terminals to avoid loose connections
- Factor in low voltage operation while selecting cable size
- POWER CABLE CONNECTION TO THREE PHASE MONOBLOC - DIRECT ON LINE AND STAR-DELTA CONNECTION Refer Fig. 5, in the guide, for connecting the lead wires to the Terminal Board of the three phase monoblocs.
- POWER CABLE CONNECTION TO 1φ CSR HIGH SPEED MONOBLOC
- The motors are internally wired and pre-connected with the capacitor leads with two leads emerging out from the Terminal Box Cover
- Only Phase and Neutral need to be connected to these two leads (A1 & A2)