How to install a Motor Pump
- Prepare a level concrete foundation for mounting the Motor and tighten the motor base using the foundation bolts as shown in Fig. 1 below:
- It is essential to ensure the motor has an adequate degree of protection from dust, fumes and water. Ensure that the motor has no obstruction around it as this can reduce the free circulation of cooling air.
- PULLEY POSITIONING, ALIGNMENT AND BELT TENSIONING
For direct drive, use a flexible coupling between the driver and driven. For belt drives, the motor pulley and correct size of driven pulley must be chosen and properly aligned. The driver and driven shafts must be parallel to each other. The belt should not be overly stretched or tensioned. To assemble the pulley on the motor shaft, insert the pulley halfway up the keyway manually. Intense hammering should be avoided during fitting of pulley as this process can result in damage to the ball bearing raceways over a period of time. Refer Fig. 2 for pulley positioning and alignment. Belt tension is provided by adjusting the center distance between the motor and driven. If the belt tension is slack, the belt can slip. If the belt tension is too high, the bearings can get overloaded leading to premature failure.
- DIRECTION OF ROTATION OF MOTOR
All the Three Phase motors are capable of rotation in either direction. To reverse the direction of rotation, interchange any 2 phase connection. Before the motor is coupled to the load, determine proper direction of rotation.
- ELECTRICAL INSTALLATION
Ground the Motor using the two earth screws provided on the leg of the motor body Ensure electrical joints, if any, are properly and adequately insulated Connect the cable properly to a MCB with appropriate rating in case of single phase Connect the cable properly to the starter terminals in case of three phase to avoid loose connections Factor in low voltage operation while selecting cable size.
- POWER CABLE CONNECTION TO THREE PHASE MOTOR - DIRECT ON LINE AND STAR-DELTA CONNECTION
Refer Fig. 5, shown below, for connecting the lead wires to the Terminal Board of the three phase monoblocs.
- POWER CABLE CONNECTION TO SINGLE PHASE MOTOR
The motors are internally wired and pre-connected with the capacitor leads Only Phase and Neutral need to be connected to terminals marked A1 and A2 on the Terminal Board