||Part of fluid from delivery pipe is diverted back to venturi pipe to create suction force at the impeller. The impeller starts rotating and draws water after it attains the required suction force near the eye.
||Submersible pump is an electric device coupled with the sealed motor and submerged inside the fluid to be pumped which pushes fluid against gravity
||A jet pump is a pump that operates on the principle of a high-pressure fluid jet and the venturi effect.
||Fluid accelerated by the impeller, lose their kinetic energy in the diffuser where a conversion of kinetic energy to pressure energy takes place
||Requires separate pump house to keep the assembly
||No need for separate pump house
||Domestic water pumping
||Agriculture, Apartments & Industries
- Preferred where the water is available at shallow depth
- Pump can be used for the water source which has intermittent discharge.
- Pressurized water delivery at outlets
- Preferred where the application needs high head requirement.
- Assembly is fully submerged inside the source
- Priming is not required
- Frequent air lock
- Consumes more power
- Efficiency is less
- Needs proper maintenance
- Possibility of dry run when the fluid yield is less (during summer)
- Handling is difficult in case of repair
- Sand entry from water source
- Cannot handle solid particle